September 8, 2011

imdonewithanimals . com




Welcome to www.astringofstories.com
Photograph: Ben in Garden of Edith at Sunset

She doesn't trust the temperature gauge that registers on either the oven or the free standing thermometer. Instead she sits on a stool directly in front of the oven window and peers at the rising scones. She is sitting on her stool sometime near ten pm with a wine glass of sparkling something. "It's the Challa bread that is the most fun to watch," she tells me. "It doubles in size and twists over itself. I can't really be the official town "bread lady" if I'm not connected to the bread I make."  

She sent us home- after we took the telescope out to the field to marvel at the craters on the moon waxing moon- with fresh cranberry scones in paper bags. "It's the lemon zest that will get you," she says as our pupils painfully constrict after coming inside from night sky gazing. "They just don't do the fresh lemon zest at Starbucks, you know? That's the difference between the bread lady and a major chain." Not to mention horrific shelf life.
 

And indeed, my perfect scone was delicious this morning. Bring it on, seasonal changes.


---------------------------
A word about the new website:

"You kind of lost the romantic ambiguity by naming your new website "a string of stories"," Kelly said over the campfire Sunday night. There were quite a few questions about the monsters. Were they children? Cats?

"I know exactly what it means! It's so clear now," Ben mocked.
"I just decided that I am done with animals," I said in reference to the twosmallmonsters and onebluezebra of my twenties.
"Maybe that should be the new name of your website," Kelly suggested.

I decided to keep www.imdonewithanimals.com for someone who is recovery from a severe case of cat hoarding. Let it be their epiphany. I will stick to stories.

A new little cool thingy: pinterest. Also found as a link in the sidebar!

2 comments:

  1. Well... for one thing - this site loads way faster than blue zebra did....


    You still need to fix your domain settings so that if someone goes to http://astringofstories.com it actually works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that there's this character of me that lives in your string of stories :). you're a great writer jenny and congrats on moving forward with fervor into your thirties.

    ReplyDelete