January 5, 2012

The great aunties





I was loved abundantly by my great aunties. When I was small and sitting on Busia's bed (my Busia was in bed all of my childhood secondary to severe rheumatoid arthritis), they would all talk to each other in Polish above my head and cover me in kisses, slip me chocolates, and send me home with dollar bills and stuffed animals. Doting is not a verb strong enough to describe my great aunties. "Aunt Rose, you completely made me the center of your world. You spoiled me so much that it is impossible for a husband to live up to! Ben wonders why I expect the world from him and it's because I know it is possible for someone to hand it to you- because you gave it to me all of my childhood!" I exclaimed over a brunch yesteday with my 90 year old lovely. Sometimes I take such family moments and love for granted. I hope to love that much one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment