There is so much change around me right now. Any time I see a friend or call a family member, I have to brace myself for "the news" that may come my way. A lot of celebrations and neat stuff is happening but it is still change. Change is hard. I used to know the sign language for those words when I worked with first graders with Autism. The funny thing is... I am standing still. Things are moving around me. It makes me anxious. So here is what I am doing this fall to ground myself:
1. Taking a walk on a chilly fall Friday afternoon on my lunch break with Christine. We amble over to a hot dog stand and sit on stools eating corn dogs.
2. Long sleeved thermals on another chilly Saturday morning with Melissa as we weave in and out of the little neighborhoods in Lincoln Square.
3. Watching Parenthood Tuesday nights with a fully belly and Pat/Kelly/Ben. Then discussing how we would handle the situations in the television series differently. Like high school Haddie dating an older man who was a recovering addict. This leads to great discussions.
4. The Morning Amp... thank goodness for excellence in talk radio.
5. Participating in a cozy Sunday evening bible study "small group" with my husband, Emily, Renee, and several others from our church. Ben and I are still trying to figure out our Sunday dinner routine to fit this new addition to our schedule.
6. Bears games with Ben and a plate of nachos on our couch (which still feels luxurious after having waited so many years to purchase). It also helps that the Bears have won a significant number of games this year.
7. Meeting all the little ones in the world: Stefanie's baby Issac and my mom's litter of kittens. The world is an amazing place when we start off so small and fragile and complex.
8. Celebrating. Jin and Renee's birthdays were this week *pictured above. Cheers.
5. Participating in a cozy Sunday evening bible study "small group" with my husband, Emily, Renee, and several others from our church. Ben and I are still trying to figure out our Sunday dinner routine to fit this new addition to our schedule.
6. Bears games with Ben and a plate of nachos on our couch (which still feels luxurious after having waited so many years to purchase). It also helps that the Bears have won a significant number of games this year.
7. Meeting all the little ones in the world: Stefanie's baby Issac and my mom's litter of kittens. The world is an amazing place when we start off so small and fragile and complex.
8. Celebrating. Jin and Renee's birthdays were this week *pictured above. Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment