My favorite mama-daughter photo from
Miss D and my photo shoot with my friend
Lydia
First social excursion on my own again with my bible study (5 years!)
Miss D is closing in on her second month (meu!) and I am trying to avoid the strong temptation to catch her every face and her every sound with an iphone. Rather I am trying to sit and observe and interact. I do, however, still take a lot of pictures. This week she has started to smile at my voice and stare me, Ben, or the dangling jingling toys down with an intensiy that almost frightens me. I did not think I would find such profound joy in almost every moment we are together. With that said, I did go out to a whiskey bar Sunday afternoon for Renee's birthday while Miss D hung out with Ben and Pat to record the brass ensemble in the music studio. This week was filled with crafting and Vietnamese sandwiches with Cathy and Avery, bonfires and brats with the worship team, bookclub to discuss the fantastic read The Night Circus, a visit with JaJa and Gmo, return to Melissa and my 2+ mile walks around the city- now with little bundled babies, and a lot of episodes of Parks and Rec whilst cuddling with my little skinny love. What could be finer?
No comments:
Post a Comment