These days are full of patch quilts spread out on the family room floor (or park grasses or community rooms in the back of churches or backseat of my car). I try to contain the toys (and sometimes the babe) to the fabric boundaries of a three by four foot spread but inevitably I defied by both blocks & chubby toes every time. This afternoon I am sitting on her alphabet quilt- stitched together in 1930 something and then again in 2013. I am also amongst the scatter of a rather extensive Eric Carle book collection with a babe who is trying to shut my computer laptop screen. Elizabeth Mitchell is playing "You are my Sunshine" in the kitchen and I am trying to find words again. Thanks to a morning heart chat with Kelly I can recognize that this is how it is now. Chaotic, unbalanced, time consuming, sleep-oriented, beautiful, soft and cuddly with flickering moments to try to find a little piece of yourself in the middle of it all.
I'm so happy when you write. Thank you :).
ReplyDelete