September 10, 2013

Skinny Love



And so begins the laundry. 

Miss D joined us two weeks ago and I have since found myself trying to delay the passing of time. I crave super slow afternoons but only find that 4:00 comes too quickly. Hours are moving by and all I do is stare down into a sleeping bundle of glow-y baby wrapped in an assortment of warm, cuddly blankets. This is heaven and I do not want it to end. We have been blessed these two weeks with a parade of loving friends and family, nurturing nurses who help me learn how to feed my baby, a delivery of warm homemade chicken pot pies, celebration sour beers, friends who sneak in and clean our "studio apartment", encouraging texts and phone calls, and most importantly, a gracious baby who is patient as I learn to navigate this mama-hood stuff. My favorite moments are when Ben and I are stretched out on our bed (located in the living room) watching Miss D stretch and yawn. And although she has markedly gained weight since we arrived home from the hospital, she is my little skinny love. 


1 comment: